What is Access Control?
Access control systems are a type of security product that regulates who or what can enter a certain facility, or areas within a facility, or who can view digital resources. There are two types of access control:
- Physical Access Control refers to who can enter certain locations. To enter restricted locations a person would need to use an intelligent, electronic means of entry, such as a card, fob, or mobile device, to gain access to the physical door opening.
- Logical Access Control refers to access control for digital resources, such as networks, files, computers, etc.
Our Electronic Security Systems team specializes in personalized access control systems that you can understand and rely on. In addition, our systems can integrate with your facility’s video and alarm systems. We also offer a range of options to help prevent the spread of germs within a facility, learn more at our blog “Keep Your Facility Safe with Hands Free Door Openers.”
Access Control Options & Support:
- Single Door to Enterprise Solutions
- Cabled or Wireless Access Control
- Cloud Hosted Solutions with Data Plans
- PC/Server Management Systems
- Credentials – Cards, Fobs & Mobile Phones
- Multi-Technology Card Readers
- Biometric & Keypad Devices
- Intelligent Locking Hardware
- Turnstiles, Gates & Elevator Controls
- Remote and On-site Technical Support
Adding an access control system to your facility is also one of the easiest ways to protect your facilities, employees, and other valuable resources. Access control systems can save you money over time, compared to standard lock and key sets! It’s much less expensive to remotely control one lost ID card using your access control system than it is to change all the locksets in a facility and reissue new keys to each person.
For a full list of services and capabilities download our linecard.
You will have a personalized account manager throughout the entire project and beyond. We will take time to discuss security options, and help you make smart decisions that best fit your needs. Give us a call 1-800-236-8858 or send us an email using the form below.