LaForce recently supplied and installed a paired door opening at a senior living community in Wisconsin. The existing main front entry was damaged and starting to rust due to use over time. Dylan Watkins, LaForce Building Products Consultant, assisted the facility with finding the right steel door and frame with insulated-glass windows and hardware to match the facility’s aesthetic and budget. The transformation:
- The doors and frame were pre-finished at LaForce with a PPG exterior premium paint, perfect for exterior doors.
- All the hardware, which was supplied by LaForce, had a dark bronze finish, to match the existing building.
- The crossbars on the glass of the door, known as muntins, were also supplied in dark bronze.
- The existing automatic door opener/closer was reused on the active door leaf and a new heavy-duty closer was installed on the inactive door leaf.
- New hardware for the opening included concealed continuous hinges, a door closer, push plates, pull plates, kick-plates, perimeter gaskets, door bottom sweeps, a between door weather-strip, and new threshold.
At the end of the day, the senior living center was happy with the new doors, a frame, and hardware to help keep their facility safe and secure.
Interested in having LaForce provide products, services, and solutions for your upcoming project? Fill out our easy-to-use contact form and tell us about your project – a member of the team will be in touch shortly!